Gastronomic experiences at Kvarnbo Guesthouse
Åland Tourist Entrepreneurs, chef, sommelier, wine lover…
A select tasting menu
At Kvarnbo Gästhem a select menu is offered on a daily basis for tasting.
– We may serve, for example, cheese and beer or smoked products and wine. As part of the tasting, I first introduce the foods and drinks. The tasting provides an opportunity to enjoy appetizers before going out for dinner, or people can gather for a small tasting when they return from their dinner.
Through the bulletin board at the reception, Ella often invites people to join a longer tasting session in English.
– It’s fabulous to see different generations and cultures brought together by a gastronomic experience. A group can include an older couple from northern Finland, two young Japanese tourists and two Swedish golfers, who end up having a good time and exchanging business cards.
As the matron of the guesthouse and a passionate sommelier, Ella has witnessed how the local food culture has advanced in giant leaps during the past years.
– People are increasingly realizing the value of the local foods.
Savoury combos by Ella
- Stallhagen’s Pale Ale + herb-oil marinated goat’s cheese from Wätteros Gård, served on toasted home-baked bread from Johannas hembakta bakery.
- Stallhagen’s US Red Ale + grilled lamb sausage from Marskogens Lamm and apple salsa by Peders Aplagård.