Welcome to the Åland Image bank!
The image bank's search facilities and image details are in English. You can download high resolution images of Åland directly to your computer (see Ordering instructions below for more details). There are currently 633 images in the image bank.
You can search using the categories to the left or by entering your own search criteria in the freetext search field to the left. Place an image into the cart by clicking the cart-icon below the thumbnail. Click the image icon to receive a bigger (b/w) of the chosen image. Remove images from the cart by reviewing the cart and click the "Remove"-link.
After you´ve placed an image in the cart, please review the images you´ve chosen. Click "x images in cart - View cart" if you´d like to order the chosen images. The images are delivered in a zip-file and can be unzipped with several common programs, such as WinZip. Zip-archives exceeding a file-size above 120 MB are delivered on a CD-ROM a.s.a.p. If the zip-file´s size is below 120 MB, you´ll receive download-instructions by e-mail. Please follow these instructions to download the ZIP-archive directly to your computer. If you order more than 15 images, please split your choice of images into two orders.
Images are only to be used for illustrating a text of a journalistic nature (not adverts, etc.) or for travel agents which sell trips to Åland and needs images to travelcatalogues. A charge might be payable for images, if these are used for any purpose other than mentioned above.
1. The purpose of the article is to present Åland (Ahvenanmaa) as a tourist destination, or in some other positive connection.
2. Before publishing the article, the author must first have contacted the Åland Tourist Board, which will check the facts given in the article.
3. Visit Åland (www.visitaland.com) and the photographer's name should be mentioned (when it is possible) in the source credits.
4. Images may be used once only. The client must not store images after publication.
5. A copy of the published article should be sent to Visit Åland, Attn. Annica Grönlund, Storagatan 8, AX-22100 Mariehamn/Åland